It has been a while since I have posted. Things have been pretty calm.
All I can really report is how things have changed here:
1) Economic Growth - Tons of new stores are opening, chains and local alike.
2) Walmart - Walmart now exists here (with the name Walmart), it replaced the old "Hiper Paiz".
3) Gas - Has gone up! We are at 4.70 a gallon for regular.
4) Electricity - For those who use over 200 KW/h a month it is now at 0.27 cents a KWH, which is DOUBLE or TRIPLE most US markets.
5) Food cost - has gone up due to gas.
6) Violence has not changed, nor for the good nor for the bad.
7) The economy has not had a negative impact on jobs - however they were rare to begin with.
Overall, living in El Salvador is a challenge and it is only for those who really are devoted. I have seen many come and go lately. The heat, the foreign culture, lack of ENGLISH.
I would never discourage anyone from visiting here nor moving here, but one needs to be prepare before making a decision. I encourage you to read my entire blog if you are planning a visit.